[QOTW] QOTW, Sunday October 31, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 31 00:15:54 EDT 2004

Quotificators:

As much as I might like to bore you all with endless Halloween puns, I,
after much desicion-making, have decisively, derisively decided that I
shan't (see: shall not).

Last week's winner, in a close race up until the final leg when the other
horses, er, quotes came up lame, was:

"It is incredibly important for me to get to lunch on time today, for
reasons I will not go into.  Okay, I'm very hungry.  Let's get back to the
book." -Ms. Brewster, teaching the period before lunch

Congratulations, Ms. Brewster (just don't forget about that little deal we
made about winning quotes and grading essays).

On to this week's batch:

"Dance is a vertical expression of a horizontal wish." -Richard Gere, on
his new movie Shall We Dance

“Yea it's communist math
you see, [in unison] all the numbers are equal.”
-Gabe B.

"That's the table where the TV was going to go, but in the end all we got
was a tapestry and a tamborine...” Yes, actually, it is [just as fun]."
-Bart, showing off his dorm room

“I feel like they played a big joke on us. They tell us to grow up, get
married and have kids, but they don't tell us that the kids will then have
to grow up and do
the same thing!” -Katie Reed's mom

"They may be FROM abroad, but they can't GET a broad!" -Max Cohen, punning

“Will you stand with me, united against all homework?  The declaration of
procrastination!  All men are created equal; no man can force upon another
work; we are all entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of laziness.”
-Paul Cavallaro, the Lone Voice of Rebellion

“Penolope, I haven't forgotten about your screen, I just keep forgetting."
-Mike, computer repairman

“Methought I heard a voice cry, sleep no more. The Red Sox hath murdered
sleep, and Boston shall sleep no more.” -Joanna MacRifkin, Thane of
Latinum, presumably bleary-eyed like the rest of us

I'm too old to worry about peeping Toms." –Micheline’s grandmother

“Guilt, hips and potatoes” -Jenny, on what her heritage means to her

Well, that was terrific.

Don't forget: today is Daylight Saving Day- it comes but twice a year- so
set your clocks BACK ONE HOUR.

Also, have a safe and pleasant trick-or-treating experience: eat only
tasty treats and play only forgivable tricks.

Stay tuned for a special Red Sox/World Series edition of the Honorable
Mentions. Don't you wish you had subscribed to Honorable Mentions now?

-Ben "I wish were somebody's daddy" Miller