[QOTW] Quote of the Week, November 7 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 7 08:56:43 EST 2004

Good morning, my fellow QOTWites, and welcome to our very special Election
Edition of Quote of the Week.

We at QOTW feel it is important, Now More Than Ever, that you exercise
your democratic rights. Here at QOTW all voting is done absentee -- there
are no stale elementary-school gyms, no surly chain-smoking voter
registration women, no punch cards and number two pencils. But it is
convenient, and your vote does matter, and if you do not vote we will be
as sad as John Edwards' dismal hand-pumping gestures. Go to
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html to learn more.

Last week's winner was Gabe Billings, with his quote of "Yeah, it's
communist math...you see, [in unison] all the numbers are equal." I'm not
sure what they're teaching you at that snazzy Ivy League school, Gabe, but
congratulations.

This week's nominees are:

"You can't call a military coup soft on terrorism!" - Josh, advocating a
different kind of presidency

"It's okay to miss the slide show now, because it will be posted on
Frederique's web site,
www.frederiquethiebaultadjoutcommonwealthschoolservathon2004.com." - Mr.
Connolly

"Look! It's John Kerry and a pirate working the polls! It's hilarity
waiting to happen!" - Julian

"His best hope is to pick up and physically carry Rhode Island." - Ben
Orlin, on Ralph Nader's chance of carrying any states in the election

"Give me, how do you say...pleasure!" - French exchange student,
attempting to ask Josh to dance

"Hey, guys, we should all get bumper stickers that say, 'Don't Blame Me,
I'm From Massachusetts'! Then we should get cars to match our bumper
stickers." - Donna

"When I talk to him, he always looks at me like I'm not speaking English.
Or like I have three heads.  Or three heads that are speaking three
different languages, none of which is English." - Bess Palmer

"Bush is popular because he is 3 for 1; Bush gives you Fantasyland,
Adventureland and Frontierland, whereas Kerry only gives you
Tomorrowland." - Avery's dad

"Triscuit fills you...but not with regret!" - box of Triscuit brand crackers

"Think of it this way:  the rocks are stable in this uncertain world.
They won't betray you, and if you study, they will give you the results
that you expect to get." - John Brady, geology professor, on why class had
to be held despite the elections.

Go to it, then.
- Becca "large and in charge" Thal