[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 16

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 16 20:02:23 EDT 2004

Voters:

Last week's winner was "I hope that's ETS issue gum." -Ms. Carter, on the
distribution of chewing gum during the English AP.

Apologies to Commonwealth students and faculty for this email's lack of
quotes from Hancock.  There are too many funny things said during Hancock
weekend; it's impossible to distill it to ten quotes.

This week's Nominees:
"I forgot Mother's Day, so I made repentant French toast. It tasted of
guilt." -Becca Thal
"In order to graduate from Columbia everyone has to take a swimming
test... except the engineers. We think it's best to keep them out of the
water." -Admissions lady at Columbia
"The IRS sent me 81 dollars. I'm not sure why they did it, but it
certainly gives me a good first impression." -Gabe Billings
"I need a non-sentimental, hard-hearted soul... Nate!" -Ms. Folkman
"Please stand for the Djibouti national anthem. 'Shake, shake, shake.
Shake, shake, shake. Shake Djibouti." -Julian Hyde
"They used to have wine at the teacher's table. Those were the good days,
back before lawsuits." -Mr. Phillips, on lunch at Commonwealth School
"There's this other girl at Brandeis named Jen, and she was like, 'We're
twins!' and I was like, 'Actually, that is the one thing that twins would
not share.'" -Jenn Orlin
"The hunter becomes the hunted... the negligent becomes the neglected...
the driver becomes the driven, in the new Honda A6." -Roz Thomas
"Does anyone want brownies? They have nuts in them. They're really an
assassination attempt." -Nora Rojas
"So you'll drop all the balls that come to you! That's what baseball's all
about. It's about failing in the spotlight." -Dylan, trying to persuade
someone to play baseball

Remember to be an active QOTW member!  Sign up for Honorable Mentions by
sending an email to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net, and vote for
this week's quotes using the procedure at
www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html.  Remember: sloth is one of the seven
deadly sins, whereas active QOTW participation is one of the five pillars
of Islam.  You do the math.

-Quote of the Week