[QOTW] Quote of the Week, June 27

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 27 10:21:49 EDT 2004

QOTW Members:

This week marks QOTW's return to normalcy.  But your civic duty has not
ended: continue to vote and submit quotes.  For your pleasure and
convenience, we have temporarily relaxed the voting rules: simply list as
many of the quotes as you wish from favorite to least favorite.

For those of you who missed it, the Quote of the Year results, including
the AIM Awards Ceremony, are available on our site, www.qotw.net.

This week's NOMINEES:

"I'm glad I waited until after Commonwealth to get my wisdom teeth out.
Without wisdom, Commonwealth would be damn hard." -Jeff Kaufman

"It's intangible, but it affects us all.  Like cholera." -Becca Thal, on
the legacy of Matt Kraning

"'Why I want to go to Harvard: Or, the Last Place the Feds Will Think to
Look For Me.'  If I write it the right way, you get a vague, almost
subconscious impression that you'll be putting your and your children's
lives at risk by not accepting me." -Roswell Thomas, on how to get into
college

"Factoid of the day: for 80 years, up until just a few years ago,
Mongolians had no last names.  They also had really funny-sounding first
names, but I bet you already knew that." -David Pfau

"It's like getting a letter from a shrimpy, picks-his-nose 13 year old.
You're flattered by the attention, but you don't really want it." -Fiona
Boger, on emails from certain colleges

"You must be the happiest person in the world, handing out all of those
doughnuts to all of the happy little children." -A little girl at the
Museum of Science, to Alex George

"You might be pushed to suicide.  Or worse--you might be like Pat Sajak.
He seems depressed." -Bess Palmer, on the host of Wheel of Fortune

"Are you a practicing WASP?" -Andrea Sarchi, a very confused Dartmouth
student

"It's just--with the glass of wine and the bathrobe, you look like a
female Hugh Hefner.  I mean, you should have naked guys draped all over
you." -Alex George, to his girlfriend

"The point is to create 'natural' art, so there are all these activities
like 'express the left and right sides of your brain, by using both your
left and right hands, and standing on your head while drawing.'" -Nora
Rojas

Voting closes at 5:00 pm on Friday.

-Ben "tossup" Orlin