[QOTW] Quote of the Year, Round 3

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 6 15:59:07 EDT 2004

Voters:

The time has come for the third and final preliminary round of Quote of
the Year.  Four finalists will be chosen from this select group of winning
quotes from the past twelve weeks; those four quotes will advance to the
Quote of the Year Championship, from which one ultimate Quote of the Year
shall emerge.

In an inspiring display of political involvement, a remarkable twenty
people voted last week, and they chose the following quote: "Well, I have
to go be a whipped boyfriend." -Garrison.

If you want a piece of the voting action this week, just go to
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html for easy-to-follow instructions.
It's an experience you'll never forget.

The Semifinalists for QUOTE OF THE YEAR:
"I've been known to take chivalry to the point of abuse." -Josh Haselkorn

"I want to glaze this pot a color that is vibrant... something that makes
girls say, 'How manly, yet nurturing.'" -Norris Wong

"You poser.  You're like the N*SYNC of slacking off.  Completely
commercial.  Doing it for looks.  Sure, all the teen girls idolize you.
But you're not living it." -Roswell Thomas, arguing that there's more to
procrastination than meets the eye

"Sex ed teachers always acted as if we were about to go out and have hot
passionate sex with every third person we met, and for Christ's sake could
we at least remember to bring along the condoms? But in reality, we've
just ended up a generation of sexually incompetent people who are really
good at putting condoms on bananas." -Becca Thal

"And the Kate Alper tact parade marches on!" -Becca Thal

"I am not a geeky boy.  I'm a geeky man!" -Mr. Phillips

"I would suggest that after months and years of pointing to the
obvious--signaling to the elephant in the middle of the living room--and
turning over backwards to keep a constructive ethical tone while observing
others who use guerilla warfare to score, one feels the need to stand in
the middle of the road and loudly state that the proverbial king has no
clothes on!" -Lydia Rivera-Abrams, in an editorial in the Winchester Star

"I'm so pro-choice, I think there should be mandatory abortions." -Jeff
Kaufman

"I hope that's ETS issue gum." -Ms. Carter, on the distribution of chewing
gum during the English AP

"I forgot Mother's Day, so I made repentant French toast. It tasted of
guilt." -Becca Thal

"[Seeing my gay friends get married] reminded me that some day I could get
married too. Then I remembered that required another person." -Mr. Sherry

"Well, I have to go be a whipped boyfriend." -Garrison

Voting closes at 5:00 on Friday.  Subscribe to the snazzy Honorable
Mentions email by sending a message to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

-Quote of the Week