[QOTW] Quote of the Week, August 1

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 1 00:34:09 EDT 2004

Voters:

Last week's winner was "I hate it when people say Dominicans are thugs.
It just makes me want to shoot them--oh God..." -Gabe Espinal, Dominican.

Special thanks this week go to Ben Miller, who heroically compiled quotes
before vanishing into a state of oblivion (namely, Wyoming).  To vote,
please list as many of the quotes as you wish in order from favorite to
least favorite.  Or, preferably, list only the names of the nominees.

This week's quotes:

"I'm always more careful in West Cambridge; all the pedestrians have
lawyers." -Christian, truck-driver

"It's like racial harmony in your mouth!" -Xizi, on black and white cookies

"Hey baby, wanna come back to my place and churn some butter?  No, really,
I'm behind on my butter making." -Julian Hyde, on 17th century pick-up
lines

"Hi, can you just tell Josh I called to make fun of him?" -Ben Miller,
thinking of messages to leave for Josh while he recovers from surgery

"You don't want a girlfriend: all they do is make you crazy, take all your
money, and scream a lot." -Lisa Buyuk

"I don't think girls at Commonwealth like cocks very much.  They're all
city girls; they would probably consider cocks an annoyance." -Norris
Wong, ostensibly on roosters

"Oh!  He?s a Democrat!  That makes him cuter!" -A female journalist, on
John Cusack

"It seems to be the lunch of choice for the MBTA transit police." -Roswell
Thomas, on Hooters

"Well, he can be replaced!  Which is what I'm gonna say about you to him
when he gets back." -John Oliverio, to Ben Orlin, on an absent Roz

"I realize that I just voted for the Honorable Mentions email, but that's
okay, 'cause you can't overdose on something as good as voting.  So here I
go again." -Harry Alper, on his Quote of the Week ballot, after he
accidentally voted for the Honorable Mentions email

QOTW would like to augment these quotes with three crucial observations:
1) Harry Alper is an exemplary QOTW member; 2) Norris' quote should have
appeared in "Quote of the Week Uncensored", but censorship tends to relax
a bit during the summer; and 3) The human race has yet to devise a cooler
name than "Xizi."

In related news, please sign up for the Honorable Mentions list by sending
an email to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.  If, for some psychotic
reason, you wish to remove yourself from the QOTW or Honorable Mentions
lists, just send an email to quoteoftheweek-unsubscribe at qotw.net or