[QOTW] Honorable Mentions 2/23/20

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 23 21:39:51 EST 2020

Good morning delegates,

Here are the quotes that didn’t get quite enough votes (from the
Quotemasters) to make it out of committee:

“You cannot look at changing attitudes towards slavery from 1630 to
1865; you cannot examine how punk rock culture evolved from 1975 to the
present or why Americans are so racist.” —Mr. H-M on unacceptable
research paper topics

“Mr. Paul, when you retire, are you going to become a shepherd?” —Peter

“I’m pretty sure I can’t open my speech with ‘Honorable judges, ladies
and gentleman of the jury, these people are really sketch.’” —Alec, on
COMMgress opening speeches

“I managed the website—that’s right, the DNC let a person of Soviet
heritage into their servers.” —Romen, on Project Week

“We’re moving beyond stereotypes here, but not really because the data
supports the stereotypes” —Ms. Sundberg

—Wilder “submitting way too many quotes from Harvard Model Congress”
Perkins