[QOTW] Honorable Mentions (end of the 2010-11 year)

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 29 02:52:09 EDT 2011

"Seriously, it's like the kama sutra for teenagers."
- Mr. Clifford
on the 9th grade health and community book.

"'I was in gestation for
seven years.' That would be cool to say."
- Atticus on dormant
tadpoles

"I can totally picture Mr. Paul and Ms. Jackman being like,
'Guess how much radiation I absorbed from sleeping
next to you last
night? 0.05 micro sieverts!'"
- Carin

"I would love to be e^x! That
would be great!"
- Mr. Limperis

"...and so luckily L'Hospital saves the
day!"
- Mr. Limperis, doing a problem in class

"The kind of guy who
would be prone to pick you up and throw you across the street."
- Mr.
Whelan, explaining what a roughneck is

Hannah: "My mom cries at
everything, no matter how cheesy."
Allie: "My mom cried at the Suite
Life of Zack and Cody graduation."

Allie: "Your mom is soooo
dumb"
Gautam: "That given the letters q, u, a, m, and p, she would think
quamp was a word!"

"Once you turn 25, from then on you're in the
process of dying!"
- Mr. Clifford

"Have you seen when the wolves go
after the caribou? That is like PG-13."
- Mr. Clifford, on the Planet
Earth movies

"So you're a physicist and you're bored. What do you do?
Try to model it mathematically!"
- Ms. Cyrier, using the example of a
person trapped on a boat in the middle of the ocean to explain
waves

"Seriously? Go through the simulation in your head. If I have a
four foot long carbon nanotube that magically
manages to stay rigid and
I throw it at you, are you really going to notice? You're not going to
be like, 'Oh, an
invisible spear just stabbed me!'"
- Caleb W., in
response to whether a carbon nanotube could pierce skin
 "I hate reading
the word 'Allies' because I always think it's Allie."
- Allie

"Emily!
Come talk to me! Let's talk about our skewed morals."
- Eva B.

"I'm a
bun-cake pan!"
- Ms. Wasilewski

"STOP TALKING ABOUT ASSASSINS!"
- Ms.
Haber, desperately trying to keep her US history class on track

"_He_
should have come in to speak about nonviolent protest instead of the
other girl. Except he's not alive..."
- Emma Su., on Martin Luther
King

"We're like juvenile chimps for our whole lives."
- Mr.
Clifford

"I would definitely be the creepy old man in a rusty truck
that says 'Free Candy' on the side."
- Colin

Ms. Hall: "Usually the
mnemonic used to remember this is PVT. TIM HALL."
Dylan C.: "Is that
your cousin?"

Allie: "What's a tall skinny vanilla latte?"
Lexie: "Oh,
they put it in this especially tall, thin cup!"

"Allie's all about the
devil."
- Mark S., upon Allie's declaration that she liked Satan in
Paradise Lost far better than a character in A Secret Agent

Mr.
Whelan: "Did anyone notice what the music was doing?"
Shaul: "It was
being squeally!"
(on a scene from a 1960s production of Hamlet)

"Veil
fail."
- Brenna

Tricia: "...but you're a Commonwealthian!"
Keller:
""That makes me think of Spartan for some reason..."
Rui: "Oh god, now
I'm trying to imagine what a Commonwealth version of 300 would look
like."
Shaul: "150."