[QOTW] Honorable Mentions, May 2

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 2 10:45:44 EDT 2010

"Is she the one who I like her songs but I don't like her visual?" - Joon
Ho Jung, on Lady Gaga

"I'm jealous because they're better fencers than me and they're younger,
and I'm jealous because they have better facial hair than me and they're
younger." -Josh Nadel on several young but hairy and talented sabrists

"I don't form abusive relationships with men. I form abusive relationships
with literary genres." - Zoe Fenson, Amherst '09

"So you're talking and I'm sitting here looking at that tree behind you
blowing in the wind, and it's really beautiful. But I was thinking, if I
was standing on a chair looking at it upside-down through my legs, it would
be even more beautiful!
...You guys think I'm being funny? I'm serious!"
-Mr. Connolly

"If it's 60 degrees out and it's the summer, I'm wearing a hoodie, but if
it's 60 degrees in the winter I'm in my underwear."
"...what?"
"I'm kidding... come on, hyperbole, people!"
-Eli Kohlenberg

"It's simply not good to have sex with your mother."
"I don't know, have you tried it?"
-Zoe and Mr. Davis

"Well, if I were to set my coffee cup to explode at eight o'clock, and it
exploded at five to eight, well...I guess I wouldn't be too pissed, unless
I wanted to take a picture..." --Edmund Dain, on the death of Socrates

Rui:  "Okay, so I found a supply company that'll sell us sheets of EVA
foam in various thicknesses for a decent price.  We already found that
supplier that has polystyrene sheeting, too."
Mark:  "Cool, so now all we need is the spray paint."
Rick:  "I don't know what you two are talking about, but it worries me."
Rui (overly cheerful tone and expression):  "Oh that's okay, it kinda
worries me too and I'm the one planning it."

"Who the hell keeps opening that door!?"
*walks up to the door, saying*
"This bastard had better not be invisible."
*opens the door, revealing nobody*
"Well -that's- just great."
--Shaul, on the wind from the open window opening the door by itself

"I've had hair on my legs for the past seventy years and not one of them
has talked to me"
Mr Davis in english class, being mr Davis