[QOTW] Honorable Mentions, Sunday September 26, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Sep 25 22:37:35 EDT 2004

Bonuses!

“I’ve not been getting enough sleep so I figure a binge is in order.” –
Jeff Kaufman, college student, going to bed at 9pm

“I got into a fight with the network and lost.” – Mr. Traub on why the DSA
homework wasn’t ready yet

“It’s ok for you to sing these notes; you’ve been /trained/ to scream your
head off.” – Lora Tamagini, my voice teacher, analyzing the difficulty of
the chorus music

“I think I’ll auction off the ‘A’s
” – Mr. Harsanyi, teacher of the senior
class Modern European History

'It's like they *want* us to die penniless in a dumpster!' - Zoë Stachel,
on paying to take standardised tests

"You lose this key, I'll cut off your fucking balls"- Sonya to Chris S.

“There’s no point in crying over spilled Micheline!” – Julian

“Because with no Khan, you khan’t go off conquering Europe.” – Miller, on
the Mongol withdrawal due to the death of their Khan
“I've had your hair on my head before; I didn't like it that much, but I
see how someone else might.” – Orlin on my donating my hair to Locks of
Love, a foundation that takes donated hair and makes them into wigs

 “The resolution was "In the movie 'Free Willy', you should 'Free Willy'."
Now not only is this status quo [you can't debate that something should
be the way it is] it is possibly the dumbest debate resolution I have
ever heard.” – Garth

"El futura es como un auto chocado. Puedes Sobrevivir lo o no, pero,
todavia esta chocado." - Jenny(translation: The future is like a crashed
car. You can survive it or not, but it's still crashed.)

"Do you know when my hangover hit?  After lunch."- Sonya

 “We should just combine the two of you and call you Michdeliene.” _
Joanna because Susan Deselms, the replacement choral director, keeps
mixing me and Maddy up.

“I sing a tree with full breast.” – Ms. Deselms translating the chorus music

“You put it up in a bun and leave it for hours. It’s an ancient secret
trick.” – Evan, on how to properly crimp ones hair

“Does this mean Becca’s a footnote?” – Alex, when I drew an asterisk on her

“So when you tell someone to buy a horse, you won’t expect to get his
daughter.” – Mr. Davis on universal expectancies

“I had a friend who got sick of being married so to spice up his life he
changed the names of household objects, like he’d call his baby a
breadbox.” – Mr. Davis

“You can have something depreciate quickly and not pay taxes on it and
keep it, or you can drag your feet and depreciate slowly – but that’s
business, not math.” – Mr. Riahi

“I think we scare away everyone: ‘There’s too many geeks! Run Away!’” –
Paul on people’s reactions upon entering the Computer Lab during a Data
Structures and Algorithms class

“Stop raping Ben. At least not at the lunch table.” – Josh

 “Why would you want to pop the public node?” – Jeff on the method ‘public
Node pop()’

“Don’t write down any stupidity I make, check me. Sometimes I do it on
purpose. Usually I make mistakes.”- Mr. Riahi

“Did I hear someone say dying babies?” – Julian

“Except when she’s a guy, in which case she’s a primo donno.” – Jenny in
response to the assertion that Mariah is a prima donna on stage

“Anne of Green Gables is a cult following.” – Jenny

“We’ll climb to the top of mountains and scream at monkeys.” – Joanna
advising what to do with the soprano’s practice at singing high notes

And because conversations are so fun [when taken out of context]:

“It’s pretty impressive country if [not having clean bathrooms] is the
only impediment to economic development.” – Jon
“Well, there are other things...like corruption.” – Mr. Harsanyi

Micheline "Banshee Queen" Heal