[QOTW] Honorable Mentions: Sunday, October 31, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 31 00:18:47 EDT 2004

RED SOX/WORLD SERIES HONORABLE MENTIONS!!!

“I'm still expecting that any minute now I'm going to wake up and it will
be last week and the Red Sox will be down three games to none and I won't
have finished any of my quarter [tests].” -Ben Miller, after the Red Sox
stunning 0-3 comeback against the Yankees and subsequent sweep of the
Cardinals to win the World Series

“Like little orgasms on his finger” –Ben Miller, on what Red Sox GM Theo
Epstein’s World Series feels like

“Yeah, I’d have picked him, too” –Red Sox Manager Terry “not exactly the
braintrust” Francona on opposing manager Tony LaRussa being unanimously
selected as the better manager of the two

“2004-1918=86 the curse!” –unidentified Red Sox fan

“Who’s your Papi?” –the Hearts and Minds of fans across Red Sox Nation

“We’re not playing baseball. If we use our brains, we’re only hurting the
team.” –Johnny Damon

“We don’t have rules here. And if we do, we can’t read them.” –Johnny
Damon, on the Red Sox

“I’ve never seen a guy go from naked to first base so fast!” –Terry
Francona, on leadoff hitter Johnny Damon lying naked on a couch in the
clubhouse five minutes before first pitch

“I’ve got no hair and I’ve got a nose that’s three sizes too big for my
face.” –Terry Francona

“I was told by Johnny, ‘We don’t do that here,’ and when you think about
the IQ on this team, you realize- he’s right.” –Red Sox reliever Mike
Myers, on reading

"Wanna hear a baseball joke? The Red Sox won the World Series!" -Ben
Miller, wallowing in irony and euphoria

-Ben "magic in B minor" Miller