[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, August 29

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 29 10:53:05 EDT 2004

"There's only so many times you can listen to Buena Vista Social Club--and
that's about a half dozen times--before you start memorizing and singing
along to the Spanish lyrics." -Ben Miller

"Tesco Value Cookies with Chocolate Flavoured Chips." -Cookie package in
Joanna's grandmother's kitchen

"What's with the dots that tell you where big cities are? THERE ARE NO
DOTS. THEY LIE." -Norris Wong, on maps

"I figure with Spanish, English, and Mandarin, I can speak with a pretty
good fraction of people." -Jeff Kafuman, on learning Mandarin so as to be
able to communicate with a larger portion of the world's population

"I had some trouble getting my seven computers and five monitors into the
room." -Jeff Kaufman, on moving into his dorm room at Swarthmore College

"I never really bothered with QOTW 'cause no one ever took down my good
quotes so I was offended and thus shunned it." -Ben Stroud

Quote of the Week would like to issue a semi-formal apology to Ben Stroud.
(Yes, it's kind of like a semi-formal dance, but believe me: you do not
want to see QOTW dance.)

And, in a shocking breach of voter confidentiality, the LEEK presents you
with two instances of voter wit, stolen straight from last week's ballot
box:

HARRY ALPER'S BALLOT:

Brace yourself for my
utterly-biased-total-disregard-for-QOTW-integrity-ballot.

1.  Bil Zarch (he's the coolest)
2.  Noah (he hates the Yankees)

JOANNA RIFKIN'S BALLOT:

1.  Little Noah, my neighbor
2.  Oh, I don't care. As our interminable TASP house-meetings showed,
life's too short for democracy. Mussolini for Prez '04!

[Editorial note: Joanna attended a hyper-academic summer camp known as
"TASP," where they were presumably into unanimity and democratic
discussion other such time-consuming inanities.]

-QOTW Management