[QOTW] New Year Edition [1/19/20]

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Jan 20 11:48:58 EST 2020

Greetings quote enthusiasts,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here’s to a great year and a great decade of funny,
humorous, witty, and occasionally deep quotes. I’d like to wish everyone
a happy, safe, and quote-filled 2020. Wait, what’s that? 2020 began
almost 3 weeks ago? Well, it was this or making the email’s theme be
“midyear exams”, so I think I made the right decision here.

Last week’s winner was: “If your showers don’t have mushrooms in them,
it’s not Hancock” —Nathan on why Hancock should stay at Winona

This week’s quotes are a particularly political batch, which is
convenient because Inauguration Day 2021 is now exactly a year away:

1. “Pandemonium IS capitalism.” —Aunnesha, on Paradise Lost

2. Milo: “Oil is our comfort fossil fuel.”
Miles: “It’s the mac and cheese of energy.”

3. “I feel sorry for Lincoln. I like a man who suffers.” —Ms. Haber

4. “Honestly, Mr. Letarte reminds me a bit of Mitch McConnell for no
good reason. Letarte for headmaster!” —Romen

5. “When I watch the Republicans, I just think about all the renewable
energy we could generate by hooking up a turbine to George Washington as
he rolls over in his grave.” —Ms. Haber on the Unitary Executive

6. “Today we will talk about a matter which has suddenly become a little
more relevant: the Crusades!” —Mr. Perez

7. “Mitosis is the powerhouse of the cell” —Ben Mawn-Mahlau

8. “‘Death to America’—it’s like ‘please pass the butter’ in Iran.” —Mr.
Wharton

9. “I don’t understand popularity” —Penny Orwant

10. Ms. Eskelund: “Rohan, I thought of you in this passage.”
Rohan: “I’m flattered, but where?”
Ms. Eskelund: “You know the part where Adam’s like ‘I hate my wife.’”

You probably know the drill by now: please submit as many (funny) quotes
as possible by Friday the 24th at 5 pm so we have enough quotes to send
out an email every week. Also, don’t forget to vote.

Sincerely,
Wilder “gotta get back to studying for exams now” Perkins