[QOTW] The Gettysburg Quote [9/21/15]

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Sep 28 11:28:31 EDT 2015

Three months and 13 days ago, our fathers, mothers, and non-binary
parents brought forth on this school, a new joke, conceived in Humor,
and dedicated to the proposition that we're super funny.

Now we are engaged in a new school year, testing whether that joke, or
any joke so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a
great email of that year. We have come to dedicate a portion of that
email, as a final resting place for those who here gave their
submissions that that joke might live. It is altogether fitting and
proper that we should do this.

The 2014-15 Quote of the Year:

Ms. Haber: If you don't stop with the Celtic music, I'm going to go tell
the administration.
Lucius: Tell the administration to get over here and listen to these
sweet jams.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate - we can not consecrate - we
can not hallow - this Quote of the Year. The brave men, women, and
non-binary people, who I imagine are still alive, who voted here, all
voted for different things so mad credz to the other quotes from last
year.

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, unless
you guys vote for the first Quote of the Week:

"I understand pigeons. They're like birds."
-Owen

"Mr. Merrill used to say that students are as suspicious as peasants.  I
think that's disparaging to peasants, personally."
-Mr. Conolly

"I appreciate Hosking as a person. A sex symbol. Potentially a Halloween
costume."
-Noah

"There is a little bit of Waldo in all of us, you just have to find it."
-Tristan

"Achilles' sexuality was RAGE."
-Nina

"Capitalism has no gender, and therefore cannot be lesbian."
-Anonymous

Ms. Jackman: On the topic of imperfection...
Rachel: Our problem sets?

"He only has eyes for one woman, and that woman is Jesus."
-Ellie Laabs

Alex R.: Do you need relationship advice?
Nika: I need a relationship.

"I feel like old ladies actively seek out things to disapprove of so
they can utilize their wrinkles."
-Alex R.

Government of the people, by the people, for the- wait, hang on, is that
right? Of the people, then uh, for the people? Yeah, for the people
definitely comes second. Wait, no, that doesn't sound right. Ugh, I
literally JUST had it. Could someone look it up?

G.Mo "Sorry Mr. President for slaughtering your speech" Kang