[QOTW] QUOTE OF THE YEAR

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Thu Jun 4 23:46:38 EDT 2015

Last week's winner:

Megan to Mr. Wharton: Do you plan to die in office?

This year's winners:

"You don't want to just," *loud snort* "You know, like a cocaine
addict."
-Ms. Jackman on proper wafting technique

"You should chill with the field tenters. It's a party. Except without
the things you need for a party, like alcohol and fun."
-Anna Koch

Ms. Mechaber: "I have an ammonite in my mudroom, so when I get home, I
am reminded of my insignificance in the world. I also have a pair of
trilobite earrings and if I wear them on my birthday, 'old' seems more
relative."

"Why does good hair happen to bad people?"
-Noah P.

Matt H.: Are there programming languages in other languages, like Java
in Spanish?
Reid: It's pronounced 'HA-va.'

Halima (on a Hemingway character): I think he's broken.
Chessy: He's not broken, just bent.
Ellie: (singing) "WE'RE NOT BROKEN JUST BENT AND WE CAN LEARN TO LOVE
AGAINNN"
Ms Tyson: Ohhh lord.
Ellie: It's not Lorde, it's Pink.

Ari: I changed my mind right before class.
Mr. Sherry: Is it working better?

Shyam: How does one theoretically fuck logic?
Reid: Stick it in the loophole.

Darius [to AJ]: You look ready to cheat some kids out of their welfare
checks!
AJ: I always am.

"Seeing is different from touching. That's one lesson I learned the hard
way." -John Khaw

Susan: A little less cleavage, a little more social unrest.

Deneb: Did anyone else see that?
Ms. Tompsett: Yeah, the lights in here sometimes flicker.
Noah: I'm pretty sure it happens every time the Academic Dishonesty
Committee electrocutes another student.

"Living to 100 has never been one of my chief objectives. 100 seems
pretentious."
-Mr. Merril

"She doesn't REALLY have a British accent...she has more of an authority
figure accent."
Mr. Paul about Ms. Jackman

"To quote Hamlet, act 3 scene 2 line 299: No."
-Nicole

"Pass notes about motions you want to happen in your bills, not in your
pants."
-Allison

"We are The Jimi Hendrix Experience!  Pher's Jimi, Matt is Hendrix, and
I'm Experience.  Julia is The."
-Kyle

Ms. Haber: If you don't stop with the Celtic music, I'm going to go tell
the administration.
Lucius: Tell the administration to get over here and listen to these
sweet jams.

"Break a leg, kid.  It doesn't matter whose leg.  Just find a leg and
smash it."
-Mattie Glenhaber

"Robbie, you can't compare genocide to Aeropostale."
-Rosie, in US History class

"I've been here for four years, and the Chess Club has had the
reputation of a frat house for all of them."
-Benjamin Powell

The real ice cream was the friends we made along the way
-Benjamin on Free Cone Day

Mr. Wharton to Halima: Would you like some chocolate?
Rafael: Don't accept candy from strangers.
Halima: I know who Mr. Wharton is. And if I didn't, I would introduce
myself so I could get candy.

Dawson: "You resemble your mom."
Bryca: "The apple never falls far from the tree. Especially when the
tree is short."

Damn gurl why u gotta be so rude. Don't u know I'm human too?
-Ari Benkov

Megan to Mr. Wharton: Do you plan to die in office?

Pher "Vote for your fave of the year, but don't submit this time"
Gleason