[QOTW] QOTW New Years Edition!!!

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 5 23:16:26 EST 2014

QOTW NEW YEARS EDITION

Happy New Year avid readers! Thanks to your wit, humor, willingness to
write down and submit quotes, and then rank them each week, and thanks
to my (our) drive to collect, compile, and carefully send out quotes in
the form of a “weekly” e-mail, we have made it through the year!

The last week of 2013 had some good runners, and the competition was
close. The winner (though not by a landslide) was:

“Your voice haunts me in my nightmares.
That was a joke.
Sort of.”
- Mr. Dominguez, to Shyam

This Mr. Dominguez guy sure is funny, ain’t he?

And now, we ring in 2014 with the final quotes of 2013...

Mr. Vollrath (in French): “I have no intention whatsoever of entering
Mr. Wharton's bedroom.”

Lydia: “I mean, yeah, it seems out of place, especially next to the
octopus sex…”
Ms Brewster: “It certainly is a long way from one to the other.”

Benjamin Powell: “what do you do during the quackpocalypse? duck and
cover.”
Random stranger on the bus: “what a fowl pun.”

“You know, wearing that skirt is like picking your nose in front of
society.”
- Sara on Calliope's skirt

Jordan: “Name one thing from Ireland that's not a potato or beer.”
Zehra: “Niall Horan.”
Jordan: “No, that doesn't count. He's pretty much a potato.”

Mr. Conolly, talking about Adolf's Bike Shop:
“I'm impressed that guy kept his name. I worry about his clientele,
though. All those neo-Nazis riding around on bicycles...At least he
isn't selling motorcycles, that could be dangerous.”

Jackson: “Stupid is here.”
(Keller walks in)
Pher: “OH! I thought you were talking about yourself.”

“BUT WHERE DOES THE FUCKING SUN GO?”
- Taeer dismantling the belief that the earth is flat.

“You're being so loud, a headmaster can't get his nap!”
- Mr. Wharton

“I don't know why you think it's appropriate to keep talking while I'm
talking.  I'm very confused by this concept.”
- Mr. Dominguez

Pher (to Benjamin): “Do you know the cup song?”
Abby: “Yeah, all white girls know it.”

“Cole, every time you open your mouth I think 'This boy just escaped
from Oklahoma', except [in Southern accent] you don't talk like this and
you don't have any oil wells.”
- Larry

“You can't tell the differences between lumps of rock!”
“I CAN!”
“Just Google ‘Cascades versus Rockies’ to see if the rocks have, like,
different formations!”
-Kate, Anna and Ian, respectively, on playing geoguessr.

“We don't need to be pondering life and love as an embryo.”
- Mr. Clifford

“But before we get to the horrible part, let's start at the beginning
and THEN work to the horrible part.”
- Ms. Dale on reading Dubliners.

Yonah B-W: “I mean, we don't get upset that we don't have all this stuff
from the future…”
Feyga: “Speak for yourself, I'm pretty upset that we don't have flying
cars and Starfleet yet.”

Elise: “Have you seen my bed?”
Abby K: “I've slept in your bed!”

“Ms. Grant probably just got a cold chill,  sat bolt upright, blinked
twice, and started screaming without knowing why.”
- Nayab after seeing the trailer for '47 Ronin'

Thus marks the beginning of what is predicted to be another great year
for both the QOTW team and all its fans!

Danke, as they say in Germany. Restez bien, as they say in France. Feliz
año nuevo, as they say in Spain. And omnia vincit amor, as they used to
say in Rome.

Tahmid “Bet you thought this was Tamjid and did a double take at the
name, didn’t you?” Rahman and Ruth “Bet you thought I didn’t do QOTW”
Hanna.

*QOTW has been run by Ruth the whole time. She worked undercover, and
used various names like Sophia Bucci, Tahmid Rahman, Tamjid Rahman,
Colin McIsaac, Pher Gleason, etc.

**January 1 is like April 1, right?