[QOTW] Final QOTW of the year - QOTY impending!

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Thu May 30 20:41:27 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone!

  How's it going? This is going to be the final QOTW of the year - I
figured we had stocked up enough good submissions that we can pump out
one last one (that's what she said?). The reason this is delayed is that
there weren't that many usable submissions until now and I figured y'all
would need this more during exams! Anyhow, to those of you that
submitted quotes throughout the year and didn't see them go up to QOTW
please don't be disappointed. Its not that your submission wasn't funny
inherently; Its usually that there wasn't enough context for us and the
readers to have appreciated them the way they were meant to be
appreciated. So we decided not to do those quotes injustice by putting
them on here.

But let's get to this week's QOTW. I hope all of you are having fun
studying for the science exam tomorrow (or not if you're not reading
this tonight). Here is a study break, handed to you in the guise of an
e-mail!

Last week's winner was Luke, saying to Ezra:

"I've just changed my opinion on gun control because of this
conversation: I want to shoot you."

This week, the submissions are:

Clark: So you just grow honey in your backyard?
Katrina: Clark, do you know where honey comes from?
Clark: *pauses* At first I thought it was from peanuts, but that's
peanut butter!
later... Amanda: Your brother doesn't know where honey comes from.
Thornton: Wait... where DOES it come from? It's one of those things
that just is. It doesn't come from animals, right?

Zach: Matt, would you be open to me putting a cracker in your pants?
Abby: I think he already has one in his pants
Matt: Yes but I took it out
Pher: Is this a really complex Euphemism?

"What's the difference between a baby giraffe and a baby human besides
the fact that one immediately falls twelve feet?"
- Ms Haber

"If my butt cheek had a nipple, that's where you just hit me."
- Pher

"Well, it would be weird if it was Princess Juliet and Bob..."
"O Bob, O Bob, wherefore art thou Bob?"
- Ms. Dale's English 9 class, discussing how Romeo and Juliet's names
have the same number of syllables

"I don't have any flavored condoms left; I must have used them all
before class."
- Ms. Torres in Health and Community (though she meant that she had
used the condoms to show the other section)

Harry: I promise if you watch Young Frankenstein I will read all the
anime ever.
Lydia: YOU DON'T READ ANIME YOU WATCH IT YOU READ MANGA
AAARGGGGGHHHH!!!
Harry: (quietly) I know, it's just really fun to make you do this.

"Well she's like my almost-sister and he's my almost-brother and I
can't let them date because it would be almost-incest!"
-Feyga about 2 of her friends and why she's apprehensive about
introducing them to each other

"Reload tray one?!?  Challenge accepted!"
- Jay H

"See, acceleration isn't the only thing that kills. I could kill you
with a knife very, very slowly."
-Mr. Johnson

"All the words in the English language, and the first one that comes to
you is BROTHEL????"
-Feyga, to Keller, in a game of Contact

"There is a song, Vertigo, by Youtube.  Trust me."
- Thomas L
(to whoever sent it, this quote made my day)

Mr. Clifford: Are you sure?
Isabelle: I'm pretty sure...
Mr. Clifford: So were The Ancients.

I will not be sending out a heartwarming e-mail explaining how fun it
was being your quoter for the past two years YET because QUOTE OF THE
YEAR is coming out! SOON!

All you have to do is vote on this last bunch of quotes. Then I will
send to you, the subscribers, a select list of all quotes that were
voted the winners of QOTW. You will each vote for one of those winners,
and that will determine our quote of the year! Long live democracy
(because Sophie and I totally gave you fair elections last year and
didn't change the results)!

Voting is nice and easy. Just reply directly to this e-mail.

And submit to QOTW using this link: http://www.qotw.net/ (or typing
www.qotw.net into your url yourself).

Hope this inspires just the right amount of procrastination!

Tahmid "looking out for you" Rahman