[QOTW] QOTW April 21, 2013

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 21 18:07:28 EDT 2013

Dear Subscribers,

   As Colin mentioned in the last QOTW a month ago, we can't issue a
quote of the week if we do not have enough quotes (they also have to
make sense and can't be ones where two people randomly and inexplicably
swear at each other). That being said, we received 120 submissions in
the month that has passed since the last QOTW, of which 12 were usable
quotes; the other submissions were either spam or unusable really for
QOTW. This is why, if you're wondering, QOTW came out later than normal.
   Of course, we the management take some responsibility for our not
adhering to a strict schedule (which we will try to do more of).

   Annoying complaint/ rant aside, we sincerely hope that all of you
have been safe and able to recover from the events of this past week.
Relax some more with the nice, refreshing, and funny commentary of your
friends and teachers.

The previous winner was Pher and Ms. Grant:

(In discussion of logic relating to religion)
Ms. Grant: "What are examples of things you know are true, but you
don't understand why?"
Pher: "Why Glee is still popular"
Ms. Grant: "What?"
Pher: "Nevermind."

This week's top ten are:

Ms. Jackman: "We can assume kyle is the smallest person in the class-"
Kyle: "I'm taller than Katrina!"
Katrina : "No you're not!"
Ms. Jackman: "Ok so taller, but maybe more dense"

Emma: "We had a test two weeks ago... and Mr. Connolly still hasn't
handed it back!"
Ms. Grant: "He should be shot! ... Wouldn't be great if we had a
Stalinist Commonwealth?"
Emma: "No! He would make me do my homework!"

"I just like having people on top of me!"
- Keller

"I've just changed my opinion on gun control because of this
conversation: I want to shoot you."
- Luke to Ezra

Ms. Formicelli: "Maybe Mary has ethical dilemmas with swatting a fly.."
Elise: "It's because she's short!"

Ms. Grant: Some people even got the plague without showing signs
Pher: So we could all have the plague and not even know it...
Ms Grant: Yes. Pher probably has it right now
Pher: I probably do. I put a lot of things in my mouth that don't
belong there.

"What happens to people when you bump into them? They move, they yell,
they give off light and energy..."
- Mr. Clifford

"I want tyranny if it's by an awesome guy!"
- Atticus

"Oh, that feels weird. Wow you really got in there!"
- Tamjid to Colin while Colin's finger was in Tamjid's bellybutton

Matt: "Anderson Cooper waved at Mr. Clifford."
Ms. Grant: "Oh, is he gay?"

Don't forget to vote everyone by replying directly to this e-mail.
Again, we hope everyone is safe! And congrats to the cast and crew of
Blithe Spirit!

And submit to QOTW using this link: http://www.qotw.net/ (or typing
www.qotw.net into your url yourself).

Tahmid "Stay Strong Everyone" Rahman