[QOTW] Quote of the Week, January 23

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Jan 23 20:16:09 EST 2012

Dear Subscribers.

    Apologies for sending this one day late, but with the help of my
trusted aide-de-camp I garnered two more quotes to the submissions and
thus turned a let down into an extravaganza! Well, not really. And
here's when I urge you to submit! Please do! Quote of the week thrives
on your cooperation!

Last week's winner was Ms. Budding as she summarized the battle of
Thermopylae:
"Basically, the Spartans were doing exactly what the Spartans were
supposed to do -- stand around and die."

Here is this week's batch, fresh off of exam week!

"there are too many hydrophones in the nexus [of this essay]"
"but I like the efficient usage of anteaters"
- Norton discussing an essay with a disgruntled student in a Google
Docs sidebar

"It's a constant dance: let's get together, let's break up, let's get
together, let's break up...just like
the sophomore class!"
- Ms. Haber on Scotland and the UK

"What? Oh, no... okay, you see in question 7 where it says 'see
question 7'? That should read 'see question 6'. And in question 10,
where it also says 'see question 7', you can either see question 6
instead, or go by way of question 7. It's entirely up to you."
- Mr. Sherry, discovering while administering his linear algebra exam
that his question numbering had gone awry

Rachel Tils: "Darren Criss's voice is like chocolate pudding."
Rachelle Flowers: "If chocolate pudding had a voice, it would be Darren
Criss!"

"I was 'married' in second grade, but I told him it wasn't working
anymore because he got me out in Cops and Robbers."
- Sarah J.

"You will miss me.  You will get a full body tattoo of my face."
"What shape is your face?"
- Mark and Asa, on the lengths Asa will go to preserve his memories of
Mark

"it's like oh no my phone died! wanna split the wishbone with me?"
- Mark, on non-vegan cell phones

"Tanks are really no use if they don't have anti-freeze in them."
-Ms. Budding

"If you have guns and people throw rocks at you, you're going to shoot
them."
-Ms. Budding

As always, you can vote by responding directly to this e-mail. See
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php for a more detailed format.
You can also subscribe to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net to
receive our somewhat infrequent honorable mentions.

And remember, as fellow quote of the week recipients, we all live by
the code: enjoy; vote; submit!

Tahmid "no Sophie, this is not propaganda! It's an honorable code which
we all should and most likely do live by, so celebrate it!" Rahman