[QOTW] Quote of the Week January 9th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Jan 9 21:37:26 EST 2012

Dear QOTW subscribers

    What is this? Quote of the Week sent on a Monday night? Yes, I have
committed the shameful atrocity of being late -  you on the other hand
have been a great crowd! We got many submissions this week (though not
enough for an honorable mentions) so good work! Don't let it get to your
heads though! I challenge you to submit even more next week (maybe there
will be a prize)!

Last week's winner was Megan Berry and her great holiday spirit about
christmas decorations:
  "I mean, we have a wreath and a tree, and some people down the street
have lights and stuff, and my neighbors have a Rabbi."

Here are this week's top ten juicy quotes.

"I am going to make a butt out of dough and no one can stop me."
- Hayley Ehrenfeld

(after email pings)
"I love that sound. It means that somebody loves me."
*pause*
"It's probably just TurboTax."
-Mr. Conolly

"Seriously. Anyone with estrogen and a conscience hates this guy."
-Brenna, describing a womanizing character in Inspector Hound

  "I'm angry and my friend has a mullet."
--Marielle Boudreau, on 70's and 80's rock music

"So, the point on the circle -- square -- rectangle -- triangle... this
is how I know I'm rusty!"
-- Ms. Carter, discussing the centroid of a triangle on the first day
back from break.

Marielle Boudreau:  "it's late, you should sleep"
Matt Boudreau:  "Sleep is dumb"
Marielle Boudreau:  "you and it should be perfect for each other then"

"Oh, don't worry about not being as smart as Einstein, he looks like a
dumbass."
- Tamjid Rahman

"It's all the way over there, and it's covered in Hitler!"
- Shaul, explaining why he couldn't go work in the nook outside the
library

(Mr. Clifford holds up a quarter)
Emma Scheinmann: OH it's that gargoyle thing!
Mr. Clifford: ...It's actually an eagle.

"That's, like, our whole grade!"
-Atticus, to Matt Costas, on the definition of "prurient"

Remember boys (and girls), you signed up for quote of the week. You
have to live by its code: enjoy; vote; submit!

So enjoy this e-mail!

Then vote! Reply to this email with a list of your top
however-many-you'd-like choices. Further instructions at
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php.

And submit! Use http://www.qotw.net/submit.php to help you!

If you aren't already subscribed to it, do sign up for the Honorable
Mentions list by sending an email to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. There might be one coming soon to
a quote of the week e-mail near you!

And remember. Enjoy; Vote; Submit!

Tahmid "Why did I choose to write this instead of my homework?" Rahman