[QOTW] Quote of the Year Awards, 2010-2011

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Oct 24 11:31:40 EDT 2011

Hello, and welcome to Quote of the Year!
What's that you say? Which
year? You're really asking the difficult questions, aren't you... yeah,
okay, this is the email that
should've gone out in June. We'd offer
excuses, but we really don't have any particularly good ones, and you've
heard enough
of those from us over our time as Quoters.

Speaking of
our time as Quoters: we've been doing this for a year and half, and
that's plenty long enough. Besides, senior fall
is leaving both of us
with little time to spare, as evidenced by the delay this email has
experienced. As of this email, therefore,
we're handing off the
metaphorical reins to two able, willing, and slightly impatient juniors:
Tahmid and Sophie. They'll do a
wonderful job, and they'll be starting
just as soon as we get a chance to show them how exactly this all
works.

Now for the awards…

MOST NOMINATIONS: Ms. Cyrier, with
sixteen.

MOST WEEKLY WINS: A tie between Mr. Davis and Ms. Haber, each
with three.

WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN AWARD, in memory of the man who lost
the most Presidential elections as a major party candidate:
Ms. Cyrier
by far, with sixteen nominations and no weekly wins.

MOST QUOTABLE, as
determined by a complex, weighted metric involving weekly wins, regular
nominations, and Honorable
Mentions (NB: it's not actually complex, and
future Quoters should get in touch with one of us to find out what
exactly this is,
unless you just want to make up your own thing):
1.
Ms. Haber (88)
2. Ms. Cyrier (66)
2. Mr. Davis (66)
4. Mr. Clifford
(46)
4. Ms. Grant (46)
6. Aurélie (32)
7. Mr. Conolly (30)
7. Rui
(30)
9. Mr. Sherry (28)
10. Kailash (27)
10. Larry (27)

Last of all,
QUOTE OF THE YEAR. AND FOUR MONTHS. AND TWO MONTHS INTO SCHOOL AFTER
THAT. AND THE WINNING QUOTE IS...
*drumroll*
"So... we were trying to
psych ourselves up backstage, and I was going to say 'We're going to
kick ass' but that doesn't seem
appropriate... We're going to gently
nudge ass. In a jazzy fashion."
And so, Liam is forever immortalized in
the out-of-context pastime of Quote of the Week as 2011's QUOTEE OF THE
YEAR!

…and that is all there is to it. This past year and a half has
been great, though we've fallen short and fell behind sometimes. I

suppose there can't be much to say, other than thank you. Thank you for
being funny though we were at our wit's end. Thank
you for being a
small beacon of audacity during midyears and finals. Thank you for being
that little bit of procrastination I could
write up instead of writing
essays which is not what is happening this very moment. Thank you for
being, well, genuinely funny,
and helping share it among the rest of
us.
You know what comes next:
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php
[1]
http://www.qotw.net/subscribe.php [2]
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php
[3]
And it's over. We've had a good run, and we hope y'all give Tahmid
and Sophie less trouble with submissions than you did unto
us.
Godspeed, juniors, and don't make me look bad.

STATS:
45 WEEKS QUOTED
8
HONORS MENTIONED
1 YEAR 8 MONTHS 15 DAYS 22 HOURS ADMINISTRATED
2
DAWDLING STUDENTS ENSNARED
222 SUBSCRIBERS SATISFIED
1 QUESTIONABLE