[QOTW] Quote of the Year ballot, 2010-11

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 5 22:21:33 EDT 2011

Hello, dear subscribers. This will be a somewhat minimal email, as
I need to get back to studying.

We've come to the end of the year! Last
week's was our last regular email.
Our last weekly winner is Mr.
Hodgkins, who warned chorus members about their graduation
attire:
"Strapless is acceptable; topless is not."

The one thing we've
got left to do is to choose the big winner: the Quote of the Year.
that end, here are all of this year's weekly winners. Vote more or less
as usual -- you can
just reply with your single favorite, you can rank
all 26 (I think) of them, or you can do anything
in between. They're
listed in chronological order, from earliest to latest.
Please be extra
sure to specify which quote by a given person you're voting, and I'd
encourage you
(more than usual) to vote for more than one or two or
three people.
Oh, one more thing: there will be one last Honorable
Mentions email sent out with the submissions
we received this week.
We're done with regular emails for the year, guys. You can stop
now...

Your choices:

"The Huns invading Europe was not like that song:
'There were 5 in the bed and the little one said,
roll over, roll over,
and they all rolled over and the Visigoths ended up in North Africa.'"
-
Ms. Haber

"Oh, you people, are your souls not better than those at
BUA?"
- Ms. Haber

"Whenever there's a cow, I want to talk about it. A
cow is never by accident."
- Ms. Dale

"Can you sneeze in a French
accent?"
- Mr. Davis

(Talia L.: "Alex, not every liquid in the world is
vodka.")
Ms. Jackman: "It is if you're Russian."

Jon: "How come there
is a book only about Half-Asians. That's so racist. Why aren't there
books for
all ethnicities. Where's the book about Jews?"
Norton,
pulling out from the shelves a book called "Auschwitz": "There's your
book of Jews."

"Imagine impulsiveness was a cat. And then call it
over--here, kitty, kitty -- and shoot it."
- Larry, on what a student
needs to do with her drawing

"'Flanting'?! I think we should make that
a word. What should we have it mean? How about 'sexual
parts made of
aluminum and steel'?
- Mr. Davis

"So what do you do? You make sure the
heroin lasts your whole lifetime!"
- Mr. Conolly

"Ever since I started
watching 'Mad Men,' I'm skeptical whenever I see someone has their
office door
closed..."
- Aurélie, on arriving at school and seeing Mr.
Wharton's door closed

"We don't do reproduction in here. That's Health
and Community."
- Mr. Clifford

"So... we were trying to psych ourselves
up backstage, and I was going to say 'We're going to kick ass'
but that
doesn't seem appropriate... We're going to gently nudge ass. In a jazzy
fashion."
- Liam

"'It doesn't sound pretty'... It's not supposed to
sound pretty! It's jazz!"
- Caleb M-B.

"I know, right? I'll be talking
to an Italian on the phone and when I meet them in person I say 'Whoa,

who are you? 'cause you're definitely that sexy guy I was talking to on
the phone yesterday...'"
- Kailash, riffing in a state of
post-midyear-exam loopyness on the claim that Italians only sound
hot

"I suggest you run around the block once every hour. This will
increase your circulation, including the
circulation to your brain."
-
Mr. Davis

"I didn't mean to say to melt the pancakes, I meant cheese!
Like, melt the butte- no, cheese, then-
yeah, there's got to be a
better word than 'pancake' but I don't know it! ...shut up, I was trying
explain tacos."
- Rui, in Chinese, proving that translation fail
goes both ways

"They were disciples with benefits."
- Ms.
Grant

"Mark... don't be a jerk."
- Mr. Wharton

"I've been thinking
about this. Like, if you die, it's better to have the whole world die
with you. It's
more community oriented."
- Caleb W.

"The ideal flapper
body type is Asa."
- Ms. Haber

"Not THAT kind of Mind and Body
workshop!"
- Jay R., upon witnessing freshman displays of affection
outside the library

"Can you believe that the teachers are having
conferences about the seniors slacking off? I mean, who has
been,
besides Josh?"
- Talia L.

"All these people next to me are saying,
'Hola' and 'Que tal' and I'm just thinking, how can you be normal,
our
breasts are all pressed up together!"
- Anika, explaining to Asa why
she'd need protection in Spain

"The last assignment sheet and this
assignment sheet are intertwined. Not in a suggestive way."
- Ms.
Grant

"Can I tell you our flood story? Because it's better than
Noah's."
- Aurélie

"Strapless is acceptable; topless is not."
- Mr.
Hodgkins

At some point between in the next week we'll work out the
Quote of the Year and the winners of a few other
special awards, and
get the very last email out.
Until then, good luck with finals.
Asa
"Losht your chompersh? Jusht get shome Gompersh!" Goodwillie