[QOTW] Quote of the Week, September 27

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Sep 27 13:29:31 EDT 2010

Dear readers,
Hey look, it’s QOTW! We still exist. Not only do we exist, but we exist
with quotes, and we have enough of them which is really quite strange
because many of them seem to come from people who were fully capable of
submitting quotes last year despite our…'trend.' But that could be behind
us now! If you recall correctly, our winner of last we—wait. You can find
the winner of QOTY (Mr. Davis of course) and other stats (about Mr. Davis
of course) and polls (which Mr. Davis won) at the archives, or more
specifically,http://lists.qotw.net/pipermail/quoteoftheweek/2010-July/000236.html.
If you hear something funny, you can submit your quotes
athttp://qotw.net/submit.php and maybe you might find your submission  on
this year's results named
/pipermail/quoteoftheweek/2011-July/000whatever.html!

I would not put my children out on that whorehouse that is the Internet.
--Ms. Grant

People are a lot less interesting without smells!
--A student talking 'about' a puppy

So what are you going to do? How are you going to diffuse this soup of
fury? ...wait, what?
--Ms. Bardsley, mixing metaphors and presumably getting hypothetical chili
all over the walls

The Huns invading Europe was not like that song, 'There were 5 in the bed
and the little one said, roll over, roll over, and they all rolled over and
the Visigoths ended up in North Africa.'
--Ms. Haber

It's really easy. And then you can memorize how to do it and you'll see it
in your math class and you'll feel like a ninja.
--Ms. Cyrier explaining derivatives to a Physics 1 class

Student: "I think most people are afraid of being choked."
Mr. Davis: "Assumption! I don't know about you, but I'd love to be choked.
I feel an intimacy happens when someone's trying to kill you."

I am doing battle with the $#@@* copier. Please start discussing WINTHROP
- what's his ideal class structure for Mass.? EVIDENCE???
--Left on the 3A whiteboard by an evidently beleaguered Ms. Bardsley for
her US History class

Josh and I have a special relationship...
--A muttered conclusion to Mr. Davis' Count of Monte Cristo announcement

Do you know how long it took slat to discover the polio vaccine? almost as
long as you're taking to get a cookie.
--Larry Geffin, trying to get someone to get him a cookie

It's a mother's prerogative to mock her children.
--Ms. Grant

Hopefully this year we will be starting the process on our right foot
(though I am left-handed…what consequences will come from this I do not
know), meaning that if you are hoping to have a better QOTW experience from
the Great Unfunny of 09-10 you should totally submit!
Not-as-but-kind-of-also importantly, you should also vote by going to
http://qotw.net/voting.php and following the instructions there. You can
also find more quotes when we exceed the limit of 10 quotes per e-mail by
subscribing to HonorableMentions by checking it
athttp://qotw.net/submit.php or by sending an e-mail to
Honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

--Shaul "Post-Hancock Insomnia" Vin