[QOTW] QOTW for the week of October 11, 2009

qotw at qotw.net qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 11 18:03:25 EDT 2009

Hello y'all! I am pleased to announce that QOTW is back from its hiatus!
Once again, I apologize for the underwhelming showing that took place last
week–apparently quoters are supposed to be more vigilant than I realized.

Anyhow, on to business! Mr. Wharton is the winner of last week's (well
last last week's) QOTW! His quote: "My door is always open... but please-
make sure before you enter that I'm not engaged in any embarrassing
activities" received a lot of votes, so thank you all.

And now for the part you've all been waiting for, the quotes! We actually
received more than 10 quotes, which is absolutely fantastic. Keep saying
funny stuff, under the condition that you submit it.

"To be frank, I don't want another year like I had last year."
-Ms. Budding, on Modern European History students meeting deadlines (or not.)

"Students who receive fanatical aid from the school..."
-Ms. Lai, in an email about SDLC

"Tamsin! I am not a napkin! Use Simon!"
-Danny Makholm

"No, no, it's okay! The dandruff in Oreos is harvested from free-range old
men!"
-Asa Goodwillie on the contents of Oreo creme

"They used to bring in political radicals to speak, like lesbians, and
gays, and Palestinians."
-Hannah Kaplan-Hartlaub, on her Temple

"I think the reason there are enough grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch
is that Joe Taff no longer goes to Commonwealth."
-Tili Sokolov on grilled cheese day.

"I think Josh is the New York to my Boston, straighter and more Jewish."
-Dan Fries on Josh Nadel.

"I'm pretty sure he didn't say 'dude'. I think he said 'Mr. Ambassador"."
- Ms. Budding, critiquing Danny's impression of an Ottoman official

"Did he maniuplate it manually? No, I think he may have manipulated it
lingually..."
-Gabe Murchison on a solution to a Calculus problem

"The Chinese hardly went anywhere. They were like New Yorkers, they
thought they were the best, so why go anywhere else?"
-Ms. Grant

Lovely! Please vote on those. Don't forget to submit to qotw at qotw.net, or
use the website tool at qotw.net.

Gautam "You're so chipper I want to kill myself" Mohan