[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of March 1, 2009

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Mar 8 22:26:48 EDT 2009

Hallo!
It is time again for the quotes of this week and the best of last
week. As it turns out, our winner this week is the same as our winner
last week. I'm highly impressed. In what one might call an unorthodox
explanation of the concept of a motif, Mr. Davis said, "In Act 1, a
child falls off a tricycle. In Act 2, a child falls off a tricycle. In
Act 3, a child falls off a tricycle. In Act 4, a tricycle, all by
itself, comes in, and you learn that off-stage, a child has just
fallen off. In Act 5, a tricycle rolls in, dripping with blood,
extracted from the guts of a whale off of the coast. That's... that's
a motif." This week, we have, again, a wonderful set of quotes. You
should all vote for your favorites. Every single one of you. Anyways,
here they are:

"That is the problem with teaching. You can't fall asleep in your own
class."
-Ms. Mechaber

"I like my pelvis! It's perfect for me."
-Gautam Mohan

"The lamp has so much personality! So much culture!"
-Ms. Bluestein (on Norton's short story)

"If you, maybe, for instance, put a dead raccoon in a hole and cover
it with lime..."
-Mr. Davis (referring to the stone, not the fruit)

"I would hit you with this Pad Thai if I weren't a pacifist."
-Hannah K-H

"Have you been rubbing Kai with dead animals again?"
-Asa Goodwillie (on the subject of Mark Swanson and fur hats)

"At cast parties, we expect Hancock behavior. The good kind of Hancock
behavior."
-Susan Thompson

"Nothing about Hawaii is affordable, except that what we call
expensive, they call affordable."
-Dennis Michaud, assembly speaker

"Danny! You do not belong here!"
-Ms. Budding (on Danny's feverishness)

"Who invented shoes? They must be so rich..."
-Mimi Danielkebir

So there you have them. Ten lurvely quotes. Vote by replying to this
email with any number of your favorites in order (no need to include
the quote, just who said it, and context if necessary). If you're
feeling charitable, and even if you aren't, you should submit!
Alternatively, you can sidle up next to me and say funny things.
That'd be okay too. Either way, submissions work in the same fashion
as votes. Reply to this email with a submission, who said it, and
context!

Goodnight, and have a pleasant tomorrow,
Dan "The Orangeman's got you" Fries