[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of August 31, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 7 18:04:21 EDT 2008

What ho!
Another year at Commonwealth has begun, and that means another year
for QOTW. The school year began on September 3rd, and already people
are saying wonderful things. As this was a short week, I wasn't able
to get tons of quotage, but there should be enough to hold you over
for next time. So here are the quotes for your first week of school...

"Your lover's dead, my lover's dead, let's get married and screw!"
-Ben Pokross on the epilogue of Bel Canto

"The book has a motorcycle on it, because... that's what Algebra's all
about."
-Ms. Wasilewski

"Someone once told me a story about a crazy old man who peed on his
textbook. So... don't pee on your textbook..."
-Ms. Grant

"I'm sorry, but nobody here fences shiv."
-Will Sanna to a freshman fencer discussing shanking.

"I'm going to have nightmares about David Bowie dancing around in knee-
length tights and a kimono"
-Gautam Mohan

I realise this is half a standard QOTW email, but it's still very
important that you vote. Really. Voting closes Friday night at 5, so
be quick about it. All you have to do is reply to this email with any
number of your top choices. Submissions are what keep QOTW running so
if something funny is said, either write it down and give it to me,
say it to me, submit it on www.QOTW.net , or even just send an email
to qotw at qotw.net

Peace! (But not.... literally...)
Dan "With Two 'R's" Fries