[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of November 30, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Dec 6 14:38:48 EST 2008

Heyy'all
I dunno why I'm not sending an HM email, but I'm sorry. I'll send it
before Christmas, really. In other news, my "m" key is being really
annoying. So If I leave out any ms in words, you now know why. Mr.
Davis, who won't be winning again until he regains the ability to
speak (I'd be impressed if he could win anyways, though I wouldn't put
it past him), said "This class reminds me of how I got fired from my
previous job. There was a short play written, featuring a girl with
elk horns, riding piggyback on a boy on roller skates who was holding
a shotgun. We performed it, and the head of the department walked by
the open door, and I knew at that moment that this was not good."
It was a lovely story, and for that, he won. I really want to read
this play now...
And now, some fantastic quotations:

"I'm sorry; I love Jack Goldsmith; He's like a brother to me; I desire
him sexually."
-Danny Moraff, responding to criticism of his criticism of Jack
Goldsmith

"Maybe my hiccups are morse code. They spell out: pastrami."
-Eli Kohlenberg on hiccups containing messages

"Breasts are like noses, only we only have one of those."
-Hannah KH, explaining anatomy to Marielle

"Don't harvest my metaphor's organs for a good pee!"
-Larry, arguing that selling one's kidneys is unethical

"Double-whammy. It's a technical term."
-Andrew Baron

"Consider them lent."
-Caleb Weinreb, referring to his ears

"I love eyebrows! They're so important!"
-Nina Blass

"That was one sick-sounding chicken..."
-A Bus Driver, referring to Leora's impersonation of a chicken.

"So Death comes for a Commonwealth student, and the student says,
'Wait! Can I get an extension?'"
-Alex Grant

"It's like MC Hammer!"
-Josh Nadel, on asymptotes

So there you have it. I hope all y'alls will vote, by replying to this
email with your top choices, and that all y'alls will submit quotes
for next week. HM is going to have a revival soon, I promise. Because
of that, you should all sign up for it, using the website! Don't use
your bookmarks, because there's a minor change in the address.
WWW.QotW.net still works though, so use it!

Huzzah!
Dan "Buy rocketpacks and- go to the moon and- become florists." Fries