[QOTW] Quote of the Week, Sunday, September 9, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 9 15:50:45 EDT 2007

Hello everyone, and welcome to this year's first Quote of the Week.  I
hope everyone had a good summer, and that people will continue to be as
witty as ever, making my life, as your new Quote Mistress, much easier.
And the quotes...

"And he will sweep you off your feet and whisper sweet OED entries
into your ear as he walks with you along a beach at sunset."
-Hannah Telegen, describing the boy Sarah G. will fall in love with

"I'm starting to feel as if we're doing a 12-step program."
-Ms. Budding, as everyone in her MEH class told her that their name was X
and they 'liked history'

"I was going to use this quite by John Milton, but then I saw it on a
college brochure."
-Mr. Wharton

"I mean, I love what Leonardo DiCaprio looks like, but after 25 minutes
it's enough."
-Ms. Folkman, on Titanic

"Yes. I'm going to impregnate my cousins."
-Ben P, on learning that incest doesn't always have biological consequences

"I mean, I'm not really asking 'where is our next Mao,' but what are we
going to do?"
-Ms. Dale

"I don't know what you're saying, but you totally look like the devil on
Ben's shoulder."
-Leora, to Sarah Gulick

"The leader in Munster had 13 wives. He then killed one for speaking out
against polygamy, so then he had 12."
-Ms. Budding

"I really enjoy using- I don't know what to call them except balls and
sticks."
-Carol Moraff, on the chemistry molecule models

"No, that doesn't tickle my toes, but do you want it to?"
-Misha

Thank you all, and remember to vote! And submit.

-Sarah "My UCAS application makes me sound more pretentious than even I
am" Gulick