[QOTW] Quote of the Year Championship 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 25 08:32:07 EDT 2006

Readers,

Welcome to the QOTW Championship 2006. The following eleven quotes (we had
a tie for the tenth) have made it through to the last round, but only one
can emerge Quote of the Year. It's up to you.

The quotes:

“Try substitution. If that doesn't work, try integration by parts. If that
doesn't work, get down on your knees, light incense, and pray..." -Mr.
Sherry "reading" the calculus textbook's strategy for antiderivation

"I know at least thirty-one different ways to kill you. I'm pretty much a
Baskin-Robbins of death." -Andrea (Baskin-Robbins of death)

 "I want to take poverty down. Come over here poverty, I've got candy.
Everyone likes my candy." -Harry Alper

"Amorphous, well-hydrated, made in the USA, maple-glazed, and exponential"
-Evan McGonagill, asked by Dartmouth to describe herself with five
adjectives

"Sudden inexplicable darkness, one thousand feet."-Ms Grant (reading a
roadsign partially covered by black plastic)

"You know how when you are physically tired you don't want to exercise,
and when you are mentally tired you don't want to think? Well I'm
socially tired, I don't want to pretend to be interesting." -Alex, NSHS
student

"I want to be resurrected as a virile 18 year old!" -Mr. Conolly

“You are standing on a frozen pond. You hear the ice start to crack. You
try to move, but you can’t. So what do you do? You start a striptease.
Fast! And try to keep some decent clothing on for when you finally reach
the shore.”-Mr. Riahi on rocket propulsion in action

"Yeah, well it's just like being back at Commonwealth again- I sit in a
classroom all day bored as [hell] pretending I care about what's going on
around me...except now I get paid to do it! Wait, this is off the
record, right?" -Ben Miller on proctoring APs

"It's a red shirt, which as a Trekkie I'm slightly afraid of wearing. If I
wind up dyng at the beginning of the episode to establish the threat, know
that my last thoughts were of you." -Alex George, to Joanna Rifkin

"Kelton, come to the bathroom with me, I need your help."-Nolan (to Kelton)

Voting will end 11: 59 PM Thursday the 6th (two Thursdays from now). In
between we'll have the first week of summer quotes. Information on the
award ceremony will be sent out once I figure out what it is. Thanks to
everyone for a great year of quotes, quoting, voting, and diligent
reading.

-Greta "epee is funny" Friar