[QOTW] Quote of the Week, June 11

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 11 11:24:24 EDT 2006

Dearest QOTWers,
     Well, we've made it through yet another school year at Commonwealth.
I hope these little bursts of zaniness (that's right, zaniness) have
helped you all along. Next year's freshmen, who have been through rigorous
testing to measure their wit (and rigorous screening to weed out the
punners. We're not making that mistake. Not again) are sure to rejuvenate
the quote pool, but, graduated-seniors, remember this: just because you no
longer go to Commonwealth doesn't mean you won't say QOTW-worthy things.
It's in your blood now. Take your skill with you out in the world, but
don't forget that we're still here quoting, and we will always have a
place for your witticisms (that is not an invitation for you to come back
every weekend on a laundry run).
     Speaking of hilarity being in the blood, this week's winner was Rose
Kaufman, on mottos: "Just because it's in Latin doesn't mean it's
true." Veritas Lux Mea, Rose.

And now for this week's nominees:

"It's almost like we're a real school!" -Janetta

"That's exactly the reason I didn't want to go to my brother's
graduation." -Jenny, watching "Buffy" (the commencement speaker turns into
a giant demon)

"We should castrate him. Actually, they'd probably still prefer him." -Max
E. on the attractive incoming junior

"Some of those 'repent' people are near the T. Whenever I see them, I
always want to buy confetti and throw it at them singing 'the end is
near.'" -Elizabeth

"Don't antagonize each other. Not that it matters. It always ends in
tears." -Mr. Conolly, during exams

"Well, not there." -Ms. Paul, on whether she spent a bill after realizing
at a club that it was a counterfeit

"So when's the operation?" -Will, listening to "Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"

"Okay. Tired. Exam bad. Tree pretty. Yay!" -Andrea, asked how she felt
post-exams

"She's hiring me to kill people." -Tanner, taking $1.40 from Shinjini

"I want to be one of those old men playing bingo. You get to stamp stuff
all day. And you can be lewd!" -Harry Alper

     So that's this week's nominees. It's summer now and I can't follow
all of you around anymore with a pencil and paper (my favorite
pastime), so you've got to submit quotes on your own. Email them to
qotw at qotw.net, add them in with your votes, whatever works. You don't even
have to be humble; quote yourselves. You know you're hilarious.
     Remember to vote by 5 PM Friday, and sign up for honorable mentions
by emailing honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. Until next week,

Greta "I miss you so much it hurts sometimes" Friar