[QOTW] April 24, 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Apr 24 21:40:37 EDT 2006

Subject: April 24, 2006
From:    "Quote of the Week" <qotw at qotw.net>
Date:    Mon, April 24, 2006 12:43 pm
To:      mshort at commschool.org
Cc:      qotw at qotw.net

So yes, sending out the e-mail a day late isn’t exactly the best way to
start out my career as quoter. However, I wasn’t even aware that I was
quoter until this morning, so considering the circumstances, I’ve done
pretty well. Last week there was a tie between Nolan, ("Oh my God! Girl
clothes, girl pants, HIPS!!!") and Mr. Sherry (“Try substitution. If that
doesn't work, try integration by parts. If that doesn't work, get down on
your knees, light incense, and pray..." -Mr. Sherry "reading" the calculus
textbook's strategy for antiderivation)

Yes, so on to the quotes, which have been hand-selected for your
enjoyment. No preservatives or artificial colors, and hardly any calories.
Bon Apetit! (vote by emailing qotw at qotw.net, I think
 you know the drill
better than I do
)

"Which of the young men fell naked into the agora?" [poteros twn neaniwn
gymnos eis thn agoran epesen;] - Chase and Phillips New Introduction to
Greek

“That’s it. I’m taking the Fluff.” –Mr. Traub

“What, do you thing Ms. Brewster is like, 16?” –Ms Jackman, on judging how
old people are by how tall they are

“Mmm
 organized religion
” –Nick Pittman, eating matzah

“We may share 90% of your DNA with chimpanzees, but we share 99.9% of our
DNA with pirates.” –Mera

“France doesn’t exist. It’s all a conspiracy created by the Pope in the
Middle ages. Clovis, Charlemagne, and Gregory of Tours were all the same
person.” –Sam Davis

"At one time in history people actually did put pigeons into holes, but
only mathematicians are still interested in how to do it."
-	Steve Maurer, on the Pigeon Hole Principle

Sudafed(TM) doesn't kill people; politicians kill people.
-	Ben George, remarking on recent sudafed and pseudoephedrine regulations

"It's okay, I know when I get there and have classes where I get to touch
cows, I'll be happy... unlike at Berkeley, that doesn't have cows."
-	Rachel, NOT being bitter about her college acceptances

“Dot your T’s and cross your I’s
 oh! It’s funny because it has a double
meaning!”
-Jenny O.