[QOTW] (no subject)

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Sep 26 08:16:52 EDT 2005

Dear sirs, madams and other beasts,

In a record race to the finish, Pratchett, who started out with a strong
(if somewhat ambiguous) lead with both of his "quotes" (again...which
one?), lost. So there. That's what you get for voting ambiguosly, you
penguins. Besides, Celebrities I don't know by face and voice don't
matter. The said truth is, until the retraction sent out by Reilly, the
mysterious, apparently false quote was in the lead.Even so, counting
ballots? It was fun. What could make this better? You can't check my work!
I deleted it all! Ha!
     Any-who, Mr. Sherry won, with his cryptic "So if you don't shave your
legs, you're either gay or you have to move to Spain." Sage advice.

So, in the manner of G. Love coming at you live from out in California (or
Winchester), here's what we got for Hancock, and the mysterious era before
it:

"Thucydides' [history of the Peloponessian War] can help us understand
the war between America and Russia.  America is like Athens: free,
democratic, innovative.  And Russia is like Sparta: bad." -Steven Smith,
professor of political science at Yale

"Once you start to get interested in why four plus five equals nine, you
get REALLY interested.  Now you might see this as some kind of perverse
addiction..." -James Kreines, Yale professor of philosophy, on theories
of knowledge

"Look at all these lumps in my smoothie! They're like tumors. And I
thought this was supposed to be a health shake."
Becca Thal's mom

"Jake -- Can you please give me one night where you're not doing something
with some chick in this room?? - Adam" I have been told to tell you Jake
is from Newton.

"Well, I had my lawyer threaten an ADA suit, and everything just fell into
place." Mr. Whelan, on getting a classroom more conducive to his eyesight
working.

"When fundamentalists have children, they come out fully clothed." Avery
on the censorship of naked children.

During a conversation on the differences between the Ancient Greek wine
that appears in the Odyssey, and modern wine...
Geoff: "I think you can make wine by buying the right kind of grape
juice and letting it ferment."
Professor Beecroft: "I do not recommend doing this."

'Eating ovaries is not natural!' -- Emma Van Pelt

'Oh, my God! You're like the lovechild that Jon Kominsky had with
himself!' -- Andrea, to Will Sanna

Harry: You got it, little man.
Matan: Thanks, big man.
Harry: Oh, you make me blush.
Matan: Oh, you make me feel awkward.
-Harry Alper & Matan Garlick

That's all folks. Sign up for honorable mentions like we always tell you
to. Submit quotes. Be a rebel!

hugs and bubbles
-Jenny "je suis un pomme de terre" Oberholtzer