[QOTW] Quote of the Week, July 31st

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jul 31 09:11:20 EDT 2005

Dear QOTWers,
     Many would say that using QOTW's run off voting system to count votes
becomes quickly monotonous and often seems a colossal waste of time. (I
have always found it to be rather enjoyable, and am going to enjoy my life
as a chartered assistant immensely.) However, even those most convinced of
the run off system's tediousness will appreciate my excitement at this
week's tie, which relied on up to 6th place votes. The winners were: "The
army doesn't take 'your mom' jokes as lightly as you'd think" by Joe Moore
and "Well, yes, I do get a high level security clearance, but it's not
like I'm James Bond. Yet" by Blaire, a financial consultant to the
Canadian Government. It's the unprobable twists like these that keep
quoting exciting.*
     Remember, voting closes at 5 pm on Fridays. I'll be waiting eagerly,
so don't disappoint me. Now for this week's nominees:

"Like, that's so waist it brains my mind, waist. Yeah! Like that!" -Jenny,
on replacing "hip" with "waist"

"Alas, I have no minions at hand to read it aloud." -Andrea, worried about
the flow of part of her play

"I've always wanted to use that smiley, but never before have I had an
appropriate occasion." -Andrew Mayers on the winking sarcasm smiley

"Today's forecast is justice!"-Andy Mandel's catchphrase for a
weatherman-superhero

"I scored 87% on my own profile test." -Sarah, on why she needed some
alone time

"I told him I used to be a giraffe named Seth." -Amy on how she stopped
her swain from chasing after her

"Elephants are bad, they never forget: horrible trait for mindless
servants." -Nate, on what creature to create a mutant army out of

"Is 'whigging out' when you panic and join an eighteenth-century political
party? 'Cause I'd pay to see that." -Joanna Rifkin

"If you go really fast, you could be a probability field. You could be a
mom cloud." -Roswell Thomas, upon his mother's offer to just keep driving
around, picking up and dropping off people as required.

"Maybe it's the 'skirts are pretty and swishy and nice' mentality. Thing
is,  skirts are pretty and swishy and nice on women." -Andrea, on why men
cross-dress

So that's our show. Encore? honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. And
remember to tune in next week.

-Greta "disgruntled rodent" Friar

*If you haven't ever quoted before you're missing out. Just send me an
email (here at QOTW or at gifriar at yahoo.com) and you too can be Quoter.
Deciding which votes make the cut and which don't, sending angry emails to
Jeff when he votes for Micheline even though she hasn't been nominated,
reading the amusing notes people add on to their ballots: all this can be
yours.