[QOTW] Quote of the Week, January 16

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 16 09:29:38 EST 2005

Most dear fellow QOTWers,
     Welcome to another edition of QOTW. Although you've already had
Saturday to recuperate, I'm aware that most of you have been waiting
desperately for QOTW to revitalize you after Friday's exams. Never
fear, outrageously witty and entertaining quotes are on the way.
First, I am happy to announce that last week's winner was a QOTW
precedent; Becca's thought-provoking comment, "You're like an oozily
corrupt politician accepting bribes under the table in some sweaty
unformed Latin American democracy" (Becca, to Kate for attempting to
use old quotes in a QOTW email,)was the first winning quote ever to
actually be about QOTW. Without further ado, the quotes:

"This is not a gray world! Pick black or white." -Jean, in ceramics

"Since the bell hasn't rung yet, does that mean we're in the Antibellum
Period?" -Ben Miller

"They're all dead because they missed the ark. Or because two gay unicorns
boarded the ark. But that would be blaming the gay community." -Norris
Wong on the disappearance of unicorns

"I feel like I'm walking through the slew of despond." -Mr. Wharton,
likening the sophmore class to lost cause, vice-filled Pilgrims

"There's something shady about functions that aren't defined at zero. Zero
should be the place where the function is comfortable being honest about
what it is." -Joanna

"Your nose is like a pirate ship." -Jake, to Peter Day

"I figure, if it's for my major I might as well buy it and keep it. That
way, when I'm living in the gutter, I will have something to sell." -Josh
Feder, Dartmouth student and theatre major (on books for his major)

"What? You haven't seen Casablanca? Everyone and his brother's yak has
seen Casablanca." -Lizzie Carrey

"When milking your cow, be sure to not pull off the udders." -NSHS student
on farming

"Keep it down guys, you're learning too loudly." -Meg Oliverio

Want honorable mentions? You know you do:
honorablementions-submit at qotw.net
Don't know how to vote? Shame on you, but it's never too late to learn:
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html
Remember, voting closes at 5 pm on Friday, so hurry up and vote.
     -Greta "You knew I'd put BNL in here somehow, didn't you?" Friar