[QOTW] Quote of the Week, April 24, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Apr 23 22:23:47 EDT 2005

[Greeting to the masses],

	I just finished tallying the votes, which is usually the part I don't
enjoy because I always second guess myself and double check to make sure
I'm right. Somehow I was a bit more relaxed this time and enjoyed Hilary
and Becca's quotes battling the entire way through (one would pull ahead
by a point and the other would catch up, and then it would reverse). When
I got down to just the two of them, they both had 8 votes each for first
place. So I went to the second place votes and by ONE point, Hilary
Johnson's quote won: “Mr. Sherry’s quizzes put the ‘Eek!’ in economics.”
	And before I give you the quotes I'd like to give a polite reminder to
vote. I know that I enjoy reading all the reply e-mails (especially when
there's something added on, it's like sprinkles on a cupcake) and it
seems Alex's irate command got a lot of people to vote; there were over
twenty ballots. If you don't know how to vote, go to www.qotw.net, of if
you feel like using your intuition, simply hit the reply button.
	And now that I've rounded the bases (I think), the nominees:

“[The telescope] is a very stable object. You could hit it with a baseball
bat – please don’t.” - Ron, the astronomer who gave the astronomy class a
tour of the Clay observatory

"Abercrombie & Fitch and its subsidiary Hollister have shown an unusual
degree of antagonism to the name of Christ and an unusual display of
wickedness in their promotions." - the Bob Jones University dress code.
Bob Jones University is a Christian college.

"Anthropomorphic singing animals definitely have souls!"  - Blair

“You marry who you marry. Few people marry thinking ‘That person would be
the perfect person on a podium!’” - Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry's presidential
campaign manager

“I’m not a womanizer, I’m a ladies man.” – Harry Alper

"He's one of those mini boyfriends; you know... the grow-your-own kind,
like the kind you grow in the bathtub." – mara, rachel pavia's sister, in
reference to tanner

“I wasn’t very pretty at 16. I intend to peak at around 23.” – Orlin

“What will happen will be this large class moving through the school, the
way I see it, like a rat moves through a snake.” – Mr. Wharton, on the
incoming freshmen class

“I’m really conscious about how I smell. I sit there and wonder ‘Is my
aura pulsing?’” - Becky

“You might be able to fondle my hair, but only if you gave the Bike-a-thon
lots of money.” – Aaron Littman, fundraising

Voting closes at 5 on friday, though to be honest, I don't think you'll be
fined higher than chocolate.

Micheline "Woman Warrior" Heal