[QOTW] QotW 05 December, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 5 09:30:07 EST 2004

Greetings, Earthlings, and welcome to the latest edition of Quote of the
Week (TM, (R), (C), and so on)! Hopefully, by now you've all recovered
from the bloatage of your various Thanksgiving meals--and their ensuing
mounds of leftovers. Mm, leftovers. Tasty leftovers. But back to business,
shall we? Last week's winner was (cue fanfare), 'ExCUSE me, I was speaking
with myself,' said by somebody's cousin, age 3, upon being interrupted.

If you *still* don't know how to vote... Well. Shame, shame, shame. A
plague on both your houses! Get thee forth to
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html immediately; voting, as is
customary around these parts, closes at five P.M. this Friday. Also, sign
up for Honourable Mentions if you haven't already by sending an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net . It'll make you a better person.
Really, it will. No ulterior motives here; no, sir. Now, on to the
nominees!

'So, going out with her would be like going out with Eric Hanss...or any
other sophomore girl?' - Norris, to Roz, on a 16 year old he was going to
ask out

'Joanna, are you always like this? People must hate you. You are such a
horrible pedant.' - Helen Palmer, Joanna's mum, being nurturing

'Look where I can put my Shakespeare!' - Dan Thal, on a risqué, presumably
pro-literacy ad

'You thought I didn’t exist, like a 3F orbital or something.' - Ms
Jackman, über Chemistry teacher

'I thought they were big in the...80s? I think the 80s is the decade we just
attribute everything to. Like, I dunno why that is, but it probably
originated in those crazy 80s.' - Paul Cavallero

'Shakespeare only died because I wasn't there to save him.' - Liz Weisman

'Why am I suddenly the authority on gay penguins?' - Greta

'Teenage girls are *not* reasonable! They give each other eating
disorders.' - Ben Hirsch

'And then you have the fencers from MIT, who are a bunch of underweight
guys who think they're Jackie Chan.' - Elif Soyer, fencing coach

'Mouse happens, man.' - Mr Davis

--Andrea 'O spite! O hell!' Lam