[QOTW] Honorable Mentions, May–October

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Thu Nov 7 17:24:35 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

Due to the delays in getting QOTW up and running again, we had a large
number of quotes to choose from last week, and regrettably, we didn’t
have space for a lot of quality quotes. For those of you who are new to
this list, these quotes aren’t meant to be voted on — they’re just extra
quotes for your enjoyment. Without further ado, here are the honorable
mentions from the last few months...

“For any half-decent set…” —Mr. Letarte

“Mr. Wolff is the curviest.” —Sid

“I’m getting serious, like cheese on swiss” —Josiah

“I know he doesn’t really look like Margaret Thatcher, but in my heart
he feels like Maggie Thatcher” —Bridget (Class of ’19), on Nic Cage

“That’s not English” —Linus (Class of ’19), on seeing Swedish

During a chamber practice:
Nevan: “I’ve never been this high before”

“I’m not even tired, I’m just exhausted.” —Alok

“The intercept here would not be useful as it shows the height of a
weightless baby.” —Mr. Letarte

“This is what the Christians called ‘sin’ or what everyone else called
‘fun’” —Mr. Perez

Thanks for reading and please keep the quotes coming!

—Wilder Perkins, Common Wealth Academy Class of 2020

PS: Make sure to tell your friends to sign up for this list by going to
https://lists.qotw.net/mailman/listinfo/honorablementions/