[QOTW] HM Feb. 28

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 28 20:27:19 EST 2010

"I never get tired of the silence that enters a room when you start
screaming..."
-James Townsend

"Yes? Oh, I thought you were raising your hand. No, you were cutting my
throat."
-Mr. Davis

"It seems like you guys have are busy all the time!  It seems like you
have a big history paper every week!"
"But we do!"
-Mr. Whelan and his English 11 class

"...which is why you can write with your pencil and not with a diamond!"
-Ms. Cyrier

"It will also help you pick up girls and boys."
-Ms. Grant on public speaking

"This has happened in American history as well- we've had some disastrous
parents- oh, uh, that was a slip... disastrous presidents, I meant."
-Ms. Grant

"The Pope /was/ the U.N."
-Adam Dimson-Doyle

"Aah, you put it down my neck! It's cold, it probably has ebola."
-Gautam

"I was just saying earlier, what exactly is remixed auto-tune? It's
like... diet music."
-Hannah K-H

"Hampshire guys just wish they were manly enough to be bros."
-overheard on the PVTA

"In sixth grade I accidentally swore out loud and then I washed my mouth
out with soap."
-Anonymous

"Kai, are you feeling otherworldly?"
-Ms. Siporin

"So this one time when Danny [Moraff] and I were riding every line of the
T..."
-Russel

Crack Granola
-Darryl Hollister (a label for lunch)

"That's what happens when you try to coordinate all those cells at once!"
-Ms. Mechaber, to Danny Makholm and Eva Bozewicz after they fell walking
up the stairs.

"If anyone says that evolution doesn't exist, ask them why you can't fly."
"...and there are no frogs which naturally live in coffee."
"Sorry, that's not actually true; I just had to put it in, though..."
"Well, it may be obvious to paleontologists, but suspend your disbelief
for a second..."
-Overheard at the Bio TA named Matthias at the University of Chicago
(these were spread over time and not in the same conversation, but imagine
for a second that they were...)