[QOTW] Honorable Mentions April 24, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Apr 23 22:33:23 EDT 2005

:

“Santa Claus gets cookies, Elijah gets wine; I ask you, which religion is
more fun?” - Ms. Rome

“You’re just a blob; I don’t have to listen to you.” – Peter Day, wearing
8 pairs of glasses at once

'You know, one day I'm just going to attach that thing to a wood
chipper...' - Andrea, on Garrison’s belt-chain

“I’m going to go hide in my Indian scripture.” – Becky

"We had David Pfau here. I didn't have to." - Mr. Wharton, on why he
hasn't seen the Harry Potter movies.

“Statis
Statisicically – what is it?” – Mr. Riahi, trying to pronounce
statistically

“I turned 21.” – Mr. Harsanyi, on his birthday

“Modern medicine has failed me.” – Becky

“Louis Phillipe was known as the bourgeoisie king - the burger king!” –
Mr. Harsanyi

“It’d be the clash of the short people!” – Olivia, on me and Garrison mud
wrestling

“Um
Mulan. I forgot your name.” – Kourtnie, to me

“I’m doing what losers do – I’m at the Political Institute at Harvard.” –
Mary Beth Cahill, introducing herself at Assembly

“I would donate money to all of the women who ran for office. Some of [the
women] were running against each other. I couldn’t care less, I just
wanted one of them to win.” - Mary Beth Cahill

“The one thing that I have no interest in is going to jail.” - Mary Beth
Cahill

“Next year the republicans will be dealing with the same thing we dealt
with. Watching Hegel, McCain, Frist
I can’t wait!” - Mary Beth Cahill

For those of you who don't know, the Astronomy class visited the Clay
observatory last thursday. He was, in the words of Norris Wong, "fucking
hilarious" and justified his humor with "What do you expect? I spend 5
hours a day working alone in the dark! I have to keep myself amused
somehow."

“I can show you the wonders of the cosmos and all I had to do was rotate
the dome!” – Ron, the astronomer who gave the astronomy class a tour of
the Clay observatory

“The laser is so bright that even if you were to stand at the edge of the
hallway you would be blinded – so we’ve decided not to blind you tonight
and are making you stand outside.” – Ron

“It seems cold up here but we’re actually producing so much heat that
we’re making steam [that ripples the camera]. If you think about it we’re
made of mainly what, water! Unless you’re a politician
” – Ron

“Have a look at Saturn – I mean Sat-ahn.” – Ron, translating for us
Bostonians

“Would you like to see the planet earth? Look straight down.” – Ron

“Now the Wild Duck Cluster is interesting because guess what it looks
like! No, it actually looks like nothing.” – Ron

“How many astronomers do you think actually look through a telescope? Less
than three, maybe two and a half.” – Ron

And for your conversational pleasure:

“There are a lot of people who over the ‘investment club’ money. We know
who you are so pay us.” – Wesley
“Does this mean the ‘investment club’ is going to turn into the ‘loan
sharking club’?” – Alex George