[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, June 27

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 27 10:26:38 EDT 2004

Okay, so I quoted myself this week.  They're not particularly good quotes,
but I'll include them here to bulk up the rather meager batch of Honorable
Mentions.

"It's one of those things that they've got in place like... like, what are
they called?  CVS and stuff... and it looks really, sort of official,
and....  Okay, I fail.  Sometimes rather than just say 'I can't explain
it', I prefer to demonstrate that fact." -Ben Orlin

"'Tossup' sounds like some sort of tofu ketchup." -Ben Orlin

"There's no concept filthier than Hooters wet naps." -Ben Orlin

"Lava Lava Island: Where Jesus' Love Flows." -A sign on a church in Belmont

"Pawtucket guys on rehab stints." -Ben Miller, characterizing the Red Sox
bullpen.  (I could explain that joke to you, but it's not worth the
effort.  Just laugh and move on.)

"You have a younger sister, right?  Can I give you a piece of advice?
Never tell her she has 'filled out.'  That's not a compliment." -Fiona

"PHP is like the bucking bronco of webpage languages." -Micheline

"Roswell is like the new alpha funny dog." -Mike Fong

And, for you AIM junkies out there:

Burbujas524: nancy reagan IS soul-sucking. like the milkshake song. or
heroin.
beccmaniac: Nancy Reagan's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

-QOTW Management